Compared with conventional freeze-drying technology, the advantages of Quick Freezing Equipment can be well highlighted:
· Many heat-sensitive substances will not be denatured or inactivated.
· When drying at low temperature, some of the volatile components in the material are lost very little.
· During the freeze-drying process, the growth of microorganisms and the action of enzymes cannot proceed, so the original properties can be maintained.
· Because it is dried in a frozen state, the volume is almost unchanged, the original structure is maintained, and the concentration phenomenon does not occur.
· Because the water in the material exists in the form of ice crystals after pre-freezing, the dissolved substances of inorganic salts originally dissolved in water are evenly distributed in the material. During sublimation, the dissolved substances dissolved in water are precipitated, which avoids the phenomenon of surface hardening caused by the precipitation of inorganic salts carried by the internal moisture of the material to the surface in the general drying method.
· The dried substance is loose and porous, in the form of a sponge. After adding water, it dissolves quickly and completely, and returns to its original character almost immediately.
· Because the drying of the quick freezing equipment is carried out under vacuum, there is very little oxygen, so some easily oxidized substances are protected.
· Drying can remove more than 95% -99% of moisture, so that the dried product can be stored for a long time without deterioration.
· Because the material is in a frozen state, the temperature is very low, so the temperature of the heat source for heating is not high, and a heater with normal temperature or low temperature can meet the requirements. If the freezing room and the drying room of the quick-freezing device are separated, the drying room does not need to be insulated, and there will not be a lot of heat loss, so the use of heat energy is very economical.
But the main disadvantage of IQF Freezing equipment is the high cost. Because it requires vacuum and low temperature conditions, the vacuum quick freezing equipment should be equipped with a vacuum system and low temperature system, so the investment cost and operating cost are relatively high.